Thursday, October 18, 2007

R.I.P. Tiramisu...

Last night, J, our uncle, and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, Olio's. Lo and behold, we were saddened to learn that they took the Tiramisu Valencia (espresso and grand marnier soaked ladyfingers, Italian mascarpone cheese) off their dessert menu. Let me just say that this is a HUGE, HUGE, and HUGE loss. This is by far the best, I mean it -- the best tiramisu we've ever had.

We are in shock. The waiter told us that it wasn't being ordered enough, so they decided to remove it once and for all. No fair. Not fair at all. How can they take away such great tasting food? I loved that the tiramisu was made fresh daily.

My friend L suggested that we ask for the recipe. I doubt they would give it out, but you never know-- I've frequented there quite a bit. I'll have to work some magic. Oh well, may the tiramisu be off to a better place than my belly.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

I'm salivating just thinking of it. Hmmpf.