Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Heart Work...NOT!

So after a nice, relaxing, and long 4-day weekend, it's back to the office for me. I already hate it. I woke up this morning and thought "I don't want to go to work..." (Now, mind you, I say this every morning...you can ask J if you don't believe me.) Here are the reasons why I am not into my work this morning:

1. Everything is so sloooooooow..... it took at least 5-10 minutes just to open up my Lotus Notes (stupid program!), the Internet took forever just to get the homepage, and Excel would not open up my spreadsheet! The first half-hour of work was so irritating

2. Lack of communication. Enough said. There is a select team in my office that never communicates anything to anybody. They wanted me to help them out this morning -- at the last minute! I just told them no because I wasn't prepared for any of it. I am not a team player today, but if I had had some fair warning, then I would have helped out.

3. There is new and stupid policy when it comes to handling packages from outside vendors. Since my office is on the floor near the loading dock where Fed Ex, UPS, Staples, and others deliver stuff to...I usually get my work interrupted to answer the door and let them in -- but I am not authorized to sign for anything. In the past we were able to...but after a package went MIA, now only one person is responsible for signing all packages. It is a big pain in the butt because it's a waste of my time to track that person down and a waste of time for the delivery people.

I just love to vent about work.

The ultimate reason why I hate work is office politics. This is all I have to say:
Politics, schmolitics. Boo-hoo on it and all those that play the game!

Okay...now I must return to my work...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

you're a playa-hata.

haha.

jk.