Monday, September 3, 2007

We Are Crazy, Yes, We Are

So a few months back, J and I decided that we wanted to buy a puzzle, put it together, and frame it. We both like M.C. Escher and we decided to get the 1,000 piece puzzle of the picture below, titled Relativity. We thought the image was cool and would be appealing in our home. Well, we started working on the puzzle 2 days ago, and all I have to say is this: "Why us?" At the time when we thought the puzzle would be great and cool, we didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Let me tell you, I love puzzles. I do. I can finish a puzzle in a day or two. Yet, this puzzle will be another story. Since Saturday, I finally pieced the edges together. It was tough...really tough. Not only is the image black and white, but a lot of the same images are all over the picture -- the stairs, the alien-looking people, the trees, dark doors and windows. So now I have a new strategy that will help me (see how it's me working on it...J gave up!) I sorted the pieces into categories, so it will allow me to work on certain sections at a time. I do look forward to the end and once I do complete it, I will celebrate!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I bet "J" wanted to scream, haha...

"Hey J this will be fun! It'll be easy!"

"Um...D...this. Sucks."

hahaha...

So what are the categories? Are you grouping by whether or not they have, or what do you call them? Knobby things...the part that goes into another piece. Or, the 'holes'? Or, are you grouping by appearance i.e. alien thingys, black, white, etc.

Do tell.

Courtney said...

Try this digital puzzle

www.goldenjigsawcom

and read about it here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=57620&in_page_id=34

Basically you put a puzzle together but do it online - well, sorta. You sign up, get clues emailed, must solve it and this leads you to a site with a piece of the puzzle.

There's a $1 million prize for the first person to put it together too.

How cool is that?