Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Road Trip....kind of...

On Tuesday I had an interesting work day. My colleague S and I went to Roseville (a few miles north of Sacramento) to do a peer audit in the SAC Record Center. Since there was a BART station near where J worked, he dropped me off there and I took the train to San Leandro where my colleague S lives. S picked me up and we headed for Roseville. Let's just say that it wasn't the most exciting car ride since the beautiful scenery of the bay ended as we drove further away from it. Everything is so flat in the Sacramento area.

Once we got to our Roseville office, everything was fine. Their office is a lot smaller than SJ's or SF's, but it's always nice to see the different offices in our sub area region. Now, I only need to see 3 more offices and then I'm complete. I'll be knocking one more down next week when I head to Seattle.

For lunch, S and I went to this Italian eatery called Piatti. The decor of the restaurant is very trendy and modern - comfortable enough and nicely arranged. I had an enjoyable meal for the most part, except for the dessert. How can anyone screw dessert up??

Once you are seated and the waiter takes your drink order, they bring over a basket of bread. The bread was delicious. There were 2 types, a foccaccia and baguette. We were also given olive oil mixed with balsamic vinaigrette to dip our bread. It was one of the better balsamic vinaigrette's that I've had.

For my entree, I ordered House-made Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with a Lemon Cream and Citrus Gremolata. Overall, I enjoyed this dish very much because not only was it light, but very flavorful. If you like lemons or citrus flavors, then you'd enjoy this.

For dessert I got the Warm Bittersweet Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sauce, Whipped Crema, and Mint Gelato. Can I say "blech...." First of all, my cake was not warm (I was expecting something along the lines of a molten lava cake) -- this was far from it. It wasn't even close to warm because the chocolate that is supposed to melt was still hard! Grrr. The Mint Gelato -- "WHOA!" All I could taste was an overload of mint (not creme de menthe style, but mint leaves) I mean if I wanted some mint in my mouth, I'd eat some Asian style food like pho or bun. The mint taste was so overwhelming. What a waste of $7. I would never recommend this to anyone. It was really bad.

According to my husband J, he just said it was karma. We're supposed to be swearing off desserts, so he said it was karma that my dessert did not taste good. Boo.

No comments: