Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Emmy Predictions

Since I enjoy television shows very much....I thought I'd weigh in on who should win the Emmy's in the Outstanding Series, and Lead Actor/Actress both Comedy and Drama. I am in no way a psychic -- so if one of my predictions is correct, then I don't know what to tell you, except that I am that good, not just good, but that good. Let's the predictions begin:

Outstanding Series - Drama: Boston Legal, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, House, and The Sopranos

My choice: Grey's Anatomy. It was full of so much drama this past season. Since it is a veteran show, I believe that it will win. (Although I prefer Heroes to win...but since it is a new show, I think it needs to build cred before it wins.)

Most Likely Winner: Probably The Sopranos since the show ended last spring. It's not unlike of the Emmys to grant the Outstanding Series to a show that has ended.

Outstanding Series - Comedy: 30 Rock, Entourage, The Office, Two and a Half Men, and Ugly Betty

My choice: Ugly Betty. I love everything about Mode and un-Mode. This a great show with a little evil twist -- a modern soap opera. The characters are wonderful and the actors all do a great job. I love Betty Suarez. She rules.

Most Likely Winner: 30 Rock or The Office. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing either show on a regular basis, but from what I've seen, they're f-in' hilarious.

Outstanding Lead Actor - Drama Series: James Gandolfini (Sopranos), Hugh Laurie (House), Denis Leary (Rescue Me), James Spader (Boston Legal), Kiefer Sutherland (24)

My choice: Hugh Laurie. The man is genius as Dr. House. You just love to hate him sometime, but still adore him. I love this complex character he plays. He deserves to win.

Most Likely Winner: James Gandolfini. For the longest time Mr. G took the Emmy every year...now that his show has ended, he's guaranteed this one.

Outstanding Lead Actor - Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin (30 Rock), Steve Carrell (The Office), Ricky Gervais (Extras), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men)

My choice: Alec Baldwin. He's funny. He's got this clever way about him. I hope he gets it.

Most Likely Winner: Tony Shalhoub...not sure if he won it last year, but he's won plenty. I'm sure one more him wouldn't hurt.

Outstanding Lead Actress - Drama Series: Patricia Arquette (Medium), Minnie Driver (The Riches), Edie Falco (The Sopranos), Sally Field (Brothers and Sisters), Mariska Hargitay (Law and Order: SVU), Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)

My choice: either Mariska or Kyra. I love both shows and I love both characters. It should go to one of them. They're strong women and are both superb on their shows.

Most Likely Winner: Edie Falco. Sopranos is over, they will be rewarded.

Outstanding Lead Actress - Comedy Series: Tina Fey (30 Rock), America Ferrera (Ugly Betty), Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine), Mary Louise Parker (Weeds)

My choice: America Ferrera. I heart Betty. America played the part so well. She's the youngest in the group and the most deserving.

Most Likely Winner: Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She won last year and she'll most likely win again. I don't understand why. She annoys me.

There you have it folks. My predictions. Will they come true? Only one way to find out. Watch the Emmy's tonight 8:00 pm ET/PT on Fox.

Since I don't have TV/cable anymore...I won't actually get to watch :( I usually like watching the before show where we see all the stars on the red carpet. I'm all about the fashion at the Emmys!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter who wins, they all deserve it...but the one category that I do want someone to really win is Best Supporting Actress. I really want Katherine Heigl to win, she went through so much on Grey's this past season. She's a superb actress and plays Izzie Stevens so well. Go Katherine!

No comments: